Monday, November 19, 2007

The typical architectural style of Tana Toraja, near Rantepao, Sulawesi, Indonesia. This is the same location of the "pig slaughter" video.

Momma Macaque and her baby. Photo taken in Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

A bar boy in a breakdancing challenge, he's quite good, energetic... you know, he has youth on his side. Photo taken on Gili Trawangan, between Bali and Lombok, Indonesia.

As Iit o grow older, I have congestion problems, sinus difficulties, etc... wait, you didn't visit my blog to hear of my ailments. Anyway, here I am in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia, having my ears "candled". The woman has inserted a paper "straw" into my ear and lit it on fire. It creates a vacuum which pulls out the excess wax. It doesn't hurt, in fact you can't feel anything, but I could hear the paper sizzling. In the end, she removes the paper and opens it to reveal a LARGE amount of wax!! I chose to do this because I was diving a lot and having difficulties equalizing/unplugging my ears after being below sea level.

Sunset at Gili Trawangan.

Local children hanging out near the cock fight, Bali, Indonesia.

A typical Indonesian market.

Burial caves (also below), also in Tana Toraja, Sulawesi, Indonesia.



No comments: